“To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money”
- Sir M. Visvesvarayya (famous civil engineer)
Engineering refers to the practice of organizing the design and construction of any artifice which transforms the physical world around us to meet some recognized need.
Civil engineers have one of the world's most important jobs: they build our quality of life. With creativity and technical skill, civil engineers plan, design, construct and operate the facilities essential to modern life, ranging from bridges and highway systems to water treatment plants and energy efficient buildings. Civil engineers are problem solvers, meeting the challenges of pollution, traffic congestion, drinking water and energy needs, urban redevelopment and community planning.
As the technological revolution expands, as the world's population increases, and as environmental concerns mount, civil engineering skills will be needed throughout the world. Whatever area you choose, be it design, construction, research, planning, teaching or management, civil engineering offers you a wide range of career choices. And there's no limit to the personal satisfaction you will feel from helping to make our world a better place to live.
1. B.Tech (Civil)
2. Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Construction projects, carried out by central and state government agencies
- In armed forces where they can make vital contribution to the protection of the country
- Jobs in PSU, Govt. orgn and in Private sectors
- Teaching jobs in Civil Engineering in degree & diploma Engineering colleges
- Infrastructure promoters
- Scientists in Research Organizations
- Can set up own engineering consultancy